Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nearing the end

Today is Thursday, February 25 and it's my last day on the ground here in Vancouver. It's hard to believe that my time here sharing the Gospel with the world is drawing to an end. I have tried to make some notes of people I've met and all the countries they represent but I know I won't be able to recall it all. But, God knows all the seeds that have been planted and those who will be in Heaven as a result of our obedience in being here and sharing the Gospel.
I do want to share with you about an encounter I had Wednesday night with a young man named Tavi. He was a really engaging young man who was more than willing to share about his beliefs. After having an entertaining conversation with him about the Canada hockey team, I switched the conversation to spiritual matters. That's when it got really interesting. He was raised Hindu but had abandoned his parents faith and had crafted his own, unique belief system that doesn't involve a personal God but rather a force. So, I asked him about Jesus and what he though of him. He gave the typical line of Jesus being a prophet. That's when I asked about Jesus being God. He quickly said "Jesus wasn't God" to which I challenged him about Jesus saying that he and the father was one. He didn't know what to do with that and stumbled through a simple response of "well, I don't know about that, you might be right." I could tell that he was really thinking about what we had talked about. He had to leave as he got a phone call so I gave him the Jesus Pin and tract and asked him to think about what we had talked about.
There is no such thing as a "typical" evangelism encounter. Not here, not back home. Each and every time we are obedient to share the love of Jesus Christ by telling the greatest story of all time, God will use it in unique ways for His glory.
Pray for Tavi that God will continue to reveal his truth to him and that he will respond to Jesus' love.

No comments:

Post a Comment